- There's a relationship that you were CREATED to have.
- Colossians 1:16 - All things were created by him and for him (referring to Jesus Christ).
- It's a relationship that you DON'T have.
- God is perfect and holy. Recognize and admit that you are a sinner. You have broken God's perfect law and alienated yourself from God for all of eternity.
- Romans 3:23 - "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard."
- Isaiah 59:2 - "Your sins have separated you from your God
- Recognize that there is a terrible price that will have to be paid when you stand before God in judgment.
- Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death.
- Revelation 21:8 - "But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshippers and all liars - their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur."
- It's a relationship that you CAN have.
- Recognize that Jesus Christ is your only hope. Believe that Jesus died in your place, paying your death penalty in full, and that God raised him from the dead.
- John 3:16 - "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, that everyone who believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."
- Romans 10:9-10 - "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved."
- But you must CHOOSE to have it.
- Turn from your sin with every ounce of your being (repent) and begin to follow Christ in faith.
- Luke 13:3,5 - "Unless you repent, you too, will all perish."
The original word that was used for repent was a Greek word, "metanoia". This means that you must turn from your sin with all of you mind, heart, life and purpose.
- By faith, accept the free gift of eternal life that God offers you and thank him for saving you
- Romans 3:22 - "We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ."
If you've just made the most important decision of your life, please contact me and tell me (remember Romans 10:9,10). I would love to share with you what you need to do next.